Saturday, August 15, 2009

Typhoon in Taiwan

As Floridians most of us have seen the devastating impact of hurricanes first hand, and as citizens, we have watched the horrors of hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.Midway through this hurricane season, as tropical storms Anna and Bill Churn in the Atlantic, my thoughts are with the victims of the typhoon in Taiwan last week.

A whole village of over 600 residents were totally buried under mud and water.
As I watch those horrific scenes on my flat screen TV, in the comfort of my home, my left brain says: "it is a faraway place and they are strangers." But my right brain says:"every human being, regardless of their location,shares my humanity and that strangers are family I haven't met, yet."

On this quiet Sunday afternoon, my thoughts and prayers are with all my brothers and sisters across this planet, that they be blessed and peace prevail in the hearts of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment