Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Gift of Friendship

Today I had lunch with a good friend, Jeffrey Frantz. He is the pastor of a UCC church in Miami Lakes who I have come to love and admire. A genuine human being who really cares and encourages every chance he gets. I have become very fond of his congregation where I preach occasionally. I am looking forward to be the "interim pastor" of that congregation when Jeff takes his much anticipated sabatical next year.

During our lunch he encouraged me again to write a book. I have wanted to write a book for a long time, but I just don't want to write just any book. I want to write a book that appears on Oprah's Book Club. I want to write one that gets on the NY times best seller list. I already have a title for my book: "Eulogy for an Atheist". But I don't know when it will start writing.

With a young family around especially with a disabled child to care for, and a full time job, it is hard to find the time and space needed to focus on a bestseller! But, one of these days, I will start writing and only heaven knows how it will all end.

No comments:

Post a Comment