Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The book is finally at the printer

Today I submitted the manuscript for my book: "God is Plural: Sermons for an Emerging Church." It has been a long and instructive process but worth every minute of it. For years, people have asked me as to when I was going to publish my book. Because, the assumption is that once you have a doctorate, you have to publish a book. I resisted that temptation for a long time. I said to myself that, unless I had something worthwhile to say,I am not going to contribute to the desctruction of one more tree. I was not going to write a book just for the sake of it.

Finally, the time came and the inner voice seemed right and I am publishing this book.It contains my life philosophy, my ideas about God, Jesus, religion, discipleship etc. I believe that there is a lot of misunderstanding about these topics. I wanted to add my two cents with the hope that it might help some one in their spiritual journey. It is an invitation of consciously unlearn what has been unconsiciously learned. When it comes to religion, most of our learning is "unconscious" and that explains the many problems in society we have today.

I invite everyone to wake up, pay attention and be a conscious participant in this adventure called LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment