Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wake Up! Pay Attention

As an observer of life, I feel that most people are sleepwalking through life. They don't pay attention to the details of life and savor experiences to get a full range of their impact. As hard as I try to keep awareness alive,sometimes I do things in such a hurry, that I make mistakes. Case in point is my experience at the local library today. I got an automated message from the library that the book I had put on hold had arrived. So I went to the Northwest Regional Library in Coral Springs. But my book was not there! The clerk told me that it is at Northwest branch in Pompano.

There are three libraries in Broward County with basically the same name that unless you pay close attention to, you will make a mistate. 'Northwest' in Pompano Beach, 'North Regional' in Coconut Creek and 'Northwest Regional' in Coral Springs. When I put the hold on the book, I clicked the wrong branch because I didn't pay attention.

I did not get upset with the clerk when she told me that the book was not there. I did not blame myself for making a careless mistake. I did not get aggravated for going to the wrong branch. I took it in stride. It was a learning experience in awareness.The lesson here for me is, SLOW DOWN, TAKE A DEEP BREATH; PAY ATTENTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment