Monday, September 27, 2010

Green Lights ... All the Way

After my knee surgery ten days ago, I drove for the first time to my church in Hollywood. It is a 15 mile drive on University Drive with 30 traffic lights. Every stop and go, put extra pressure on my knee and I was not looking forward to that. So prayed for all green lights...and dared to put my car on 'cruise control' after passing Southgate Blvd. "If I could get to Commercial Blvd without stopping, I would he thrilled," I said to myself. Yes!, I went through Commercial, and of course, the next light at Inverrary Blvd is going to be red. It has always turned red on me in the last 22 years I have driven this road. But it was green today...I thought my free ride will surely end at Oakland Park Blvd... but I could not believe I had green light there too...

The miracle of green lights kept happening,and guess what, after going through 20 green lights, I had to break the car for the first time at Broward Bvld. A stretch of 8 miles!!! It has never happened before in all my years of driving on that road. I spoke about it in my sermon yesterday, as proof of God (the Universe) taking care of us when we are in harmony with the Universe.

I posted this experience on facebook yesterday. Today, I received a message from a friend who works for the County: "As the saying goes, the Lord works in mysterious ways, so this month University Drive was one of the first 2 streets to get its signals synchronized (because you needed it now, Paul). See http://www.broward.org/Traffic/GreenLights/Pages/Default.aspx and look at the schedule!

The County website says:
"Broward County is improving traffic flow through our “Green Lights Program,” to coordinate traffic signals along our major streets. We will be re-timing our most frequently traveled roadways over the next several months according to the Green Lights Program schedule. Drivers traveling along streets where signal re-timing is in effect will experience fewer delays and more green lights. When you drive at the posted speed limit, you will you pass through more continuous green lights during your trip."

They just started the program this month, and University Drive was one of the first 2 street to get the benefit. I had the surgery this month. I needed it most this Sunday!! This is how My GOD works....

Be in harmony with the Universe..don't resist life, don't struggle, just go with the flow and and trust in the process and God will show up in what ever form and shape you need...

No comments:

Post a Comment